40% of Birmingham is classified as a food desert. To address this problem, we propose a web application, Grocery Bus, an inventory tracking web application for rolling grocery stores.
List locations of 6 corner stores.
- List locations and times of market stops for rolling grocery buses. (Provide some mechanism for consumer to determine where bus is at given time.)
- Design customer identification / profile system for buying groceries with "rewards points."
The end-user for our solution is a customer visiting the bus or corner store.
- A survey that gathers information about shoppers. (Use Survey Monkey).
- Survey at checkout
- Online survey (from home)A way for consumers to view inventory from home at each of the corner stores.
- Data visualization for shopping experience (e.g. pie chart of what they purchased - possible suggestions about better, "healthier" options)
- A way for consumers to buy an "entire" meal and it places them in the shopping cart.
- A follow-up email after each purchase with some metrics and suggestions.
- Nutritional information about food items on the bus.
- Track "healthiness" of community based on data collected from consumer purchases - some kind of map visualization, pie chart, etc.
If your project has been nominated for global awards, please embed here your 3-minute Youtube presentation. (Select "Insert" --> "Youtube").
TeamPlateful's Grocery Bus on GitHub